|1. Easy To Read- You want to make it easy for your visitors
to read your text. You don't want to use a light colored text
like yellow on a white background and you don't want to use dark
blue text on a black background.
2. Create A Mood- You want to use the color of your text to
create a mood for the reader. If you want to create excitement,
use some red text. If you want to create greed, use a some green
text. Use colors that would put you in a mood to buy your
3. Grab Their Attention- You can grab your readers attention by
using headlines. Make the headline more noticeable by using a
different colored headline than your ad copy. This offsets the
headline and pulls the reader into the rest of your ad copy.
4. Highlight Keywords- You can emphasize phrases and keywords
that are important to your readers. For instance, use super,
deluxe, fast, low price, free, new, etc. You could use bolding,
underlining, italics, color changing, etc.
5. Sizing It Up- You don't want to use text that is too small or
to large. You want to use larger text for your headlines and
subheadings. You want to use smaller text for your ad copy. If
your grandparents can't read it, it's too small.
6. Don't Use All CAPS!- You don't want to use all capital
letters in your ad copy. It looks unprofessional and is hard to
read. You may want to use all CAPS in your headlines to offset
7. Font Properly- You want to use a text font that relates to
the product or services your selling. You don't want to use a
comic type font when your selling business books.
8. Spacing Out- It's important to use spaces properly when
typing your text. You should indent and bullet key benefits your
product or service will give the reader. Your headlines,
subheadings, sentences and paragraphs should be consistently
spaced throughout your web site.
9. I Need Sunglasses- Don't use all bright text colors and
backgrounds on your web site. It will make your text hard to
read and actually bother your readers' eyes to the point they
just decide to leave your site.
10. Check The Readability- It's important to check your spelling
and grammar before you upload your web page. When writing an ad
copy you're allowed to break some of those grammar rules to get
your point across.